20091219

Children's Bible - especially for Tristan


I was invited as a guest to Tristan's birthday party and tried to come up with a special present. Though it was on his wish list when he got baptized about one and a half years ago, he didn't get any children's Bible then. So now I made a personalized, hand-crafted Bible for him. Since I was in doubt if it really was his first Bible, I called it "The two-years-old Tristan's Bible".







Of course in such a Bible illustrations dominate. But I added some words in Hungarian as well, since some children get an early interest in learning the letters. Tristan lives in Denmark with his parents, but his father is Hungarian. I - as one of their physically close Hungarian friends - feel a certain kind of responsibility to help him learning this language.

The book has a pull-out form made of box cartoon, which is light but strong enough (if not, I can easily reproduce it any time but I encouraged the family to really use the book). There are 12 pages both from the old and the new testament in chronological order, which will hopefully give a good time to Tristan and his daddy sitting together and talking about the different stories.
(More about the birthday party here.)

1 comment:

Nekrassova Laura said...

This is totally amazing, Orsi!!!